Who is Shannon Fabrics?
Answer: Shannon Fabrics is a converter/importer of microfiber plush Cuddle fabrics, luxurious faux furs, double gauze, silky satins and novelties for fabric retailers and manufacturers. On the manufacturing side, we are a fabric supplier to many industries including women’s, men’s and children’s apparel, home décor, bedding, spa, costumes, pet products and accessories.
Our open fabric line features an extensive range of micro-fiber plush Cuddle fabrics, which includes a full assortment of solids, prints, textures and embossed knit fabric offerings. Cuddle, one of the softest fabrics in the world, is exclusively produced and sold by Shannon Fabrics.
Our luxurious faux furs have the look and feel of the real thing. We have a large assortment of short and long piles, including animal prints and textures, bright shags, and more.
Our site includes information about our company, our products, our free patterns and tutorials. Contact us or complete our new account request form for more information on becoming a wholesale customer. For retail store information please see our store locator page.
How do I use this site?
Answer: The website is designed to show and sell our current products. All fabrics are displayed in categories across the top of each page. Under each category are dropdown boxes that further identify and classify the types of product within the category.
You can order online using the website's shopping cart to place your order. After selecting the item(s) you want, simply click the "add to cart" button to place items into your cart and follow the checkout process.
You can order on-line using the website's shopping cart to place your order. After selecting the item(s) you want, simply click the "add to cart" button to place items into your cart and follow the checkout process.
Who do you sell your fabrics to?
Answer: Shannon Fabrics sells wholesale and to the trade only. You must be a registered retailer, designer or manufacturer to purchase goods directly from Shannon Fabrics. A state issued Resale number or Tax ID Certificate showing the validity of your business is required.
What is your minimum order?
Answer: Our retail fabric and quilt shop opening order minimum is $600 excluding freight. Our retail fabric and quilt shop re-order order minimum is $300 excluding freight. There is a $750.00 minimum opening order for all international accounts.
I want to request a donation of fabric for my charity. Who do I contact?
Answer: Please contact Ellen Mickelson, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Marketing Department. Please describe in your email the nature of your request. Due to the vast number of requests received, not all requests can be honored. Please allow at least 6-8 weeks for the processing of your request.
I clicked on the link that says “LogIn” and it asked me for my “user id” and “password.” What is this section and how can I receive access?
Answer: Please remember that Shannon Fabrics only sells to retailers and manufacturers. As such, access to the “login” section is restricted to users who are registered as “active customers.” If you are not an existing customer and feel you qualify based on our requirements, you will need to complete our new account request form or contact our customer service department in order to establish an account. Once established, you will create your own user ID and password.
If I want to purchase some of your fabrics, where can I find a store or shop that carries them?
Answer: You can find a list of retailers that sell Shannon Fabrics on the store locator section of our web site. Please contact the retailers listed to see if they carry the product you are searching for.
I live outside of the United States. How do I purchase from Shannon Fabrics?
Answer: Shannon Fabrics has a network of International Distributers that would be pleased to discuss purchasing requirements.
Does Shannon Fabrics exhibit at Trade Shows?
Answer: Yes, Shannon Fabrics exhibits at trade shows nationally throughout the year. View our trade show page for show dates and locations.
Have your fabrics been tested?
Answer: We believe in peace of mind, therefore all of our fabrics have been tested for lead and have passed all government regulations. The testing was conducted by an independent laboratory. We have complied with all the guidelines of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). We would like to reiterate the importance of conducting your own product testing, since the Act requires the finished product to be tested as well.
Why is the number of yards I received different than what I ordered?
Answer: When ordering Cuddle bolts, you may receive any amount between 10-13 yards on a bolt. When ordering half rolls of Cuddle, you may receive any amount between 25-30 yards. When ordering full rolls of Cuddle, you may receive any amount between 50-60 yards.
Full rolls of faux furs are 25-30 yards. Half rolls of faux furs are 12-15 yards.
Full rolls of solid silky satins and embrace double gauze are 50-60 yards and bolt sizes for those items are 15-18 yards.
We always do our best to accommodate your wishes for the exact number of yards you order. However, we may not always be able to accommodate your request.
What forms of payments do you accept? What are the available terms?
Answer: We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. Pre-payment service is also available via company check, but a hold will be placed on shipment until the check clears. We offer Net 30 Terms for customers with approved credit. Any account that becomes delinquent will immediately revert back to prepaid status. If your account is placed into collection for non-payment, you will be responsible for all fees and collection costs incurred. We do not accept COD Orders, unless it's a cashier’s check.
How do you handle returns?
Answer: Shannon Fabrics must be notified in writing of any request for returns within ten (10) days upon receipt of merchandise, contact us to arrange return authorization. All returns must be approved by Shannon Fabrics prior to returns being accepted. The customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the merchandise. Shannon Fabrics will pay for return shipping in case of an error or in case of defective merchandise.
How do you handle damages and/or shortages in delivered goods?
Answer: Shannon Fabrics stands behind all of the products that we sell. If for any reason you have a quality issue or shortage please contact us and we will handle your claim accordingly. Claims made for damaged goods caused by shipping should be made to the carrier. Shannon Fabrics is not liable for damage during transportation or any other issues related to the shipping company.
How are orders shipped?
Answer: All orders ship via UPS or Fed Ex Ground from our Los Angeles warehouse, unless stated differently on the order. All shipping charges will be added to the order at the time of shipment. Occasionally we might be sold out of some items on your order. If this is the case, we will contact you by phone or e-mail. It is our policy to get your approval before we ship an incomplete order. All orders will be shipped within three to five business days, if your order requires rush processing please contact us.
How are the shipping fees calculated?
Answer: Shipping charges vary from order to order, depending on the destination and weight. Shannon Fabrics charges customers the published carrier price and does not add a handling fee or surcharge. You may contact us for exact shipping charges before your order is shipped.
New Account Terms & Conditions
1. PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS: Thank you for your interest in Shannon Fabrics. Final order approval is based upon your completion of our new account request form and upon receipt of your Tax ID/Resale Certificate. Pending orders will not processed until you are an approved customer. If you desire terms with Shannon Fabrics please contact us at 323.234.5252. Please note: to establish credit you will need one bank and three industry references. If you wish to remain pre-pay there is no need to fill out the additional credit information. Retailers - Our products are also sold through our domestic distributors, Needlecraft and Checker Distributors. Shannon Fabrics does not recognize fabric co-ops/buying groups as authorized channels of distribution for our products. Manufacturers - Our fabrics are sold to the manufacturing trade for the sole purpose of the creation/production of a finished product or garment. We do not recognize manufacturers as authorized resellers of our fabrics sold by the yard. Unauthorized resale of bulk fabric will result in the inactivation of your account.
2. MINIMUMS: Our domestic retail opening order minimum is $600 excluding freight. For new manufacturing customers we sample our fabrics in bolts, which may range in yardage. A standard DNR put up is 10-13 yards. Wide goods will be sampled on tubes. Sampling by the yard may be an option for manufacturing accounts once the account has been established.
3. BACKORDERS: Backorders older than 90 days will be cancelled. If you would rather not receive backorders at all, please let us know on your order form.
4. SPECIAL HANDLING & ORDERS: We always try to accommodate special requests. We have the ability to develop and produce custom fabrics (minimums will apply). We can drop ship fabric orders to both domestic and international destinations. If you have such a request, please contact customer service at 866-624-5252 or email us.
5. PAYMENT TERMS: Net 30 days terms are available to our customers pending credit review and approval. In addition, we are happy to receive payment before shipment via bank wire, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Pre-payment service is also available via company check, but a hold will be placed on shipment until the check clears. No CODs. All orders received are subject to approval and availability.
6. MIS-SHIPMENTS/PRODUCT CLAIMS: We always do our best to ship your order to you correctly. If we have made a mistake regarding your order, please notify customer service within 10 days of the order's arrival. We will work quickly to remedy any mishaps. Returns cannot be accepted without prior approval. If you need to make a return, you must receive a return authorization number (RA#) from Customer Service and promptly return the product(s). Any unauthorized return is not guaranteed to be credited.
I am a new shop owner and I would like to purchase fabric to stock my store. Who do I contact?
Answer: Please contact your local sales rep or one of our customer service representatives to discuss your retail location and inventory requirements so we can determine how best to serve your needs. Alternatively, you can download, complete and fax the following form to us directly at 323-234-5353. Once you have been approved as a Shannon Fabrics customer, you may begin the process of purchasing our products online, through your local sales rep or by emailing us.
I want to start an online store. Can I sell your products?
Answer: Please contact one of our customer service representatives and discuss your retail location and inventory requirements so we can determine how best to serve your needs. Once you have been approved as a Shannon Fabrics Customer, you may begin the process of purchasing our products online, through your local sales rep or by emailing us.
Is there a way to sign up online to become a customer?
Can retail customers purchase items on this site?
Answer: As a wholesale resource for retail stores, designers and manufacturers, Shannon Fabrics does not sell direct to retail customers. Please check our store locator to find a retailer near you that carries our products.
How do I gain access to the wholesale prices of the products shown on the website?
To gain access to prices, you need to have a registered account with us. Please follow these steps:
1. Complete the new account request form.
2. Fax or email us a copy of your Resale/Tax ID Certificate to 323-234-5353 to gain full access to our site. You will receive a confirmation email from us that notifies you once your account has been approved. If you have any questions please contact us.
3. Once we receive your new account request form AND a copy of your resale/tax ID certificate, we will review your account and make a decision based on the information you have provided. Although this process is fairly quick it might take up to 3 business days.
4. You will be able to view the wholesale price of the items on the website no later than the next business day after your account has been approved. A notification will be sent to you by e-mail once price activation has been completed.
What if I forgot my Password?
Answer: Click on the login button, click on forgot password and type in your email address. A new password will be sent to your email address. Once you log back in you can go to "My Account" to change your password.
I have an account but cannot log-in. What should I do?
Answer: Make sure that you are entering the correct email address and password. You may also click on the forgot password link and enter your email address to have a temporary password emailed to you (within 1 - 15 minutes) so you can login and reset your password. If you still have a problem logging in, please contact us.
How do I edit and update my account information?
Answer: Simply log in, go to "my account" and edit your information. Then click "update".
The site is not allowing me to check out. What should I do?
Answer: There are several reasons that the site may not allow you to check out including: 1. Your order does not meet the $300 minimum, 2. Items were left in your cart overnight, 3. The system locked up. Please add additional items to your cart to meet our order minimum. If items were left in your cart overnight and/or the system locks up, please add an item to your cart, refresh, and then remove the item.