Hi everyone, It’s been a while since I’ve posted here on My Cuddle Corner…It’s me Angel from Fleece Fun! It’s summer time and I wanted to bring you something a little unusual for me – a summer themed project! In this brand new video tutorial I’m showing you how to make an adorable towel wrap that’s perfect for the beach or the bath! Made from soft Terry and trimmed in Cuddle™ fabric, this wrap is comfortable and practical.
Hello, fellow Cuddle™ fabric fans! This is Sarah from Bombshell Bling (formerly Craft Quickies). I hope you enjoyed my Cheetah Costumes last month! Today I am excited to share a sewing tutorial for a baby sleep sack. It is the first pattern that I ever created, and I am including it as a PDF file for you for free!! Woohoo!
So, what is a baby sleep sack? It’s a wearable blanket, of course! You aren’t supposed to lay blankets on top of babies due to suffocation risks, so these wearable blankets keep baby snug and warm, but safe as well! Genius. And since every baby needs one, regardless of gender, this quick and easy project is perfect for baby shower attendees to give as gifts!
When my son was born, a friend made me a brown fleece sleep sack with large owls on it. It was very cute, and it served us well, but when I found out my second baby was going to be a little girl it flitted through my mind that I should make her a more feminine sleep sack. But then I didn’t. And didn’t. And before I knew it her first birthday was creeping up and she was still in her brother’s brown owl sleep sack. So I got my booty in gear and made her a bright, girly owl sleep sack for her first birthday. I love the girly colors, and I love stroking the soft fabric when I am feeding her before bed. I am a texture junkie.
The fabulous Cuddle fabric that I chose for this sleep sack is Robert Kaufman Night Owls. I love it.
Now let’s get down to business!
Here is what you will need in order to make your sleep sack:
* Baby Sleep Sack PDF Pattern
* Cuddle Fabric (I’m not sure exactly how much I used, but one yard should be plenty.)
* coordinating thread
* a coordinating color of zipper (I believe I used a 20 inch zipper.)
* sewing machine, pins, scissors, etc.
This tutorial is crazy simple, other than the zipper, which is only slightly tricky, so let’s get going!
* Start with the pattern. Have you ever used a PDF pattern before? It’s super easy, and I’m excited to share my first original one with you! Simply print out the pattern on regular paper, cut it out and tape it together. Viola! A pattern! Nifty, eh?
To create this pattern I used the old sack, then I made it longer and I expanded the neck hole and the armholes quite a bit. I always wished they were bigger on our old sack, so this was the magical moment to make changes.
* Next you are going to cut your fabric. I discovered that cutting Cuddle fabric is a tad messy. It makes a little bit of a mess initially, but then it doesn’t fray after that. Strange. But worth it!
Fold your fabric in half and lay out the pattern as shown. The straight side of your pattern is along the fold of the fabric. Now cut out the pattern piece twice.
* Next you will seal the armholes and neck hole of your sleep sack by sewing a zig zag stitch along the cut edges. No need to bother hemming it unless you really want to. I believe in simplifying my life whenever possible.
* Time to deal with the zipper. This is my least favorite part. I folded the fabric and laid my zipper on top of my front piece and cut the length of it. Then I pinned it along the opening, as shown in the picture, and sewed it onto my fabric using my zipper foot.
* You are DONE! Easy peasy, right?! Now go put it on your little one and cuddle away!
Isn’t she angelic??
My 18 month old nephew still wears his sleep sack. We call it his “Man Gown” and tease my sister about it. Check out this picture I got of him wearing it. So ashamed……so ashamed….. Heehee!
If you enjoyed this tutorial then I hope you will visit my site and check out some other posts that are great for the chilly fall/winter months! Here are a few that you may enjoy:
Hi Cuddle friends! I’m Dana Brooks and I am a designer for Shannon Fabrics. I designed my first Cuddle collection, Lagoona By Dana Brooks, exclusively for Shannon Fabrics. I also own The Cuddle Cottage in St. George, Utah, a unique boutique concept shop that carries Cuddle Fabrics exclusively.
Today, I’d like to share Floral Frenzy, a new project and pattern that I designed for a Cuddle Quilt. And, it is available in convenient kits! One kit features Lagoona and some Kozy Cuddle Solids. The other features a combination of Cuddle Prints in Chevrons and Izzy by Ann Kelle, a Robert Kaufman Cuddle Collection.
Here is the top shown in Lagoona:
Here is the finished quilt shown in Izzy by Ann Kelle and Chevron:
This adorable quilt combines Cuddle applique with alternating squares. It can be sewn in rows using our Sew and Flip method, requiring no machine quilting, or it can be traditionally pieced and machine quilted. Please click this link here for a pattern tutorial on the Sew and Flip method.
Here is a closeup of the Izzy by Anne Kelle and Chevron quilt:
My granddaughter , Hannah, helped me make the sample for my shop! Here she is working with the applique shapes.
To purchase the Floral Frenzy kit online, click here.
As a bonus to My Cuddle Corner blog followers, check out our online only Labor Day blowout sale! The sale includes Cuddle yardage starting at the low price of $10.99 per yard. Remember, as always Cuddle is 60 inches wide. Half yard minimum cuts. Sale ends Labor Day at midnight MST.
In addition, comment below using the hashtag #FloralFrenzy and you will be entered to win a Lagoona Cuddle Throw Kit with a free pattern included.
For more information on my shop, as well as to view other Cuddle kits, click here.
Live, Love, Laugh,
Hi! We’re excited to announce that the American Patchwork & Quilting One Million Pillowcase Challenge reached its halfway point! More than 500,000 pillowcases have been donated to charities since the challenge’s inception in 2010. We’re proud to be a sponsor of this wonderful Challenge!
- Baby (16)
- Baby Blankets (48)
- Books (4)
- Challenges (19)
- Community & Giving Back (15)
- Contests & Giveaways (60)
- Cosplay (1)
- Crafts (18)
- Cuddle Craft Projects (87)
- Cuddle Fabric (97)
- Digital Cuddle (4)
- Cuddle Kits (50)
- Cuddle Suede (4)
- Cuddle Tips (50)
- Designers (15)
- DIY (16)
- Education (15)
- Embrace double gauze (33)
- Fabric (55)
- Fashion (17)
- Faux Fur (25)
- garments (13)
- Giveaways (19)
- handmade (10)
- Home Decor (20)
- Home Decor Patterns (13)
- International Quilt Market (2)
- International Quilt Market 2014 (1)
- International Quilt Market 2016 (1)
- International Quilt Market Fall 2013 (5)
- International Quilt Market Houston 2015 (1)
- International Quilt Market Spring 2017 (2)
- International Quilt Market Spring 2019 (4)
- Kozy Cuddle (5)
- Learn to Sew (8)
- Luxe Cuddle (2)
- Machine Embroidery (9)
- Machine Quilting (10)
- Manufacturers (1)
- minky fabric (7)
- Modern Quilt Guild (4)
- Modern Quilting (9)
- Patterns (55)
- Precuts (16)
- Press (1)
- Quilt (60)
- Quilt Along (3)
- quilt block (1)
- Quilt Market (10)
- Quilt Patterns (56)
- Quilting (26)
- Sew Cuddly Blog Hop (16)
- Sewing (148)
- Sewing Patterns (49)
- Sewing Projects (86)
- Shops (6)
- Shows (13)
- Terry cloth (7)
- Tutorials (153)
- Uncategorized (3)