AccuQuilt is hosting a Shannon Fabrics quilt exhibit, free, at their Quilt Gallery, Omaha, Neb., through June 21, 2019. The exhibit includes beautiful quilts, pillows and a few other fun projects, made with Cuddle® minky fabric. Many of the projects were created using the fabulous dies from AccuQuilt. If you’re interested in seeing the exhibit, be sure to stop by, or schedule a tour! We are so excited!
Since April is Autism Awareness Month, we wanted to share this comforting and unique Puzzle Quilt. Its softness, textures, and cushy thickness can help comfort those with Autism. The puzzle piece symbol in the quilt reflects the mystery and complexity of Autism, while the uniqueness of each piece in a puzzle also reflects the uniqueness and diversity of those affected by Autism.
Besides the bright colors and puzzle theme, with two layers of Cuddle fabric (quilt top and backing) and a layer of batting in between, this quilt is denser and heavier than most quilts this size. The extra pressure that a denser blanket provides can help calm some individuals with Autism.
Polly from Pieces by Polly designed this free quilt pattern for us using two Cuddle Cakes in Very Vibrant. This puzzle quilt is all just a bunch of squares, with the “knobbies”, as Polly calls them, appliqued on.
Pieces by Polly made this quilt as part of The Great Cuddle Cake Challenge we hosted with Fairfield.
This project took on special meaning for Polly when she made it as a grief quilt to comfort a friend’s child when her father passed away, but it can work equally well for an individual or family affected by Autism.
- 2 Packs of Very Vibrant Cuddle Cakes 10″ Squares
- Paper-backed fusible webbing
- 1 1/2 yards Dark Lime Cuddle 3®
- Printable Template for Puzzle Knobbies
- Batting at least 50×60″. Nature-Fil Batting is recommended
- Thread to match each color of fabric
- Walking foot for your machine (Super helpful but not 100% necessary.)
- Tear-away stabilizer for applique
Hugs with Cuddle,
To stay up-to-date on what’s happening, Join our mailing list and Subscribe to our blog. And, follow us on social media! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, connect with us on Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Instagram, Flickr, and more…
As a sponsor of the One Million Pillowcase Challenge, we’re excited to participle in the annual Blog Hop via All People Quilt. The One Million Pillowcase Challenge has a goal of donating 1,000,000 pillowcases to charity! To help reach this goal, APQ is having a 24-hour Sew-a-thon in September at their headquarters in Des Moines, IA.
And, shops and groups across the country are doing their own Sew-a-thons! To find a shop in your area, click here.
We recently made this pillowcase for the challenge. We used the Free pattern: Pillowcase Pattern #21 – Pillowcase with Rickrack Band. Fabrics include Sock Monkey Play Time Baby Blue from Sock Monkeys, Swiss Dot Red/Snow from Cuddle Classics and Cuddle 3 Black from the Kozy Cuddle Collection.
If you’d like to make a pillowcase with Cuddle, find Shannon Fabrics at local quilt shops and fabric stores, and also at online retailers.
We will be donating our pillowcase to a local charity for children in Los Angeles. Won’t you help by making some pillowcases? Comment below with the hashtag #APQSewathon and let us know where you will donate yours!
Here is the list of other blogs participating in this blog hop. Visit their blogs for more fun!
- Alison Glass (http://alisonglass.com/blog)
- American Patchwork & Quilting (www.allpeoplequilt.com/blog)
- Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister Designs (http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/blog/)
- The Benartex Design Team: Sew in Love with Fabric (http://www.sewinlovewithfabric.blogspot.com)
- Debby Kratovil (http://debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.com/)
- Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.net/blog/)
- Heidi Pridemore (http://heidipridemore.blogspot.com)
- How To Sew (www.howtosew.com)
- Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom (http://www.sisboom.com/blog/)
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts (http://figtreequilts.typepad.com/my_weblog/)
- Karrie Winters of Freckled Whimsy (http://www.freckledwhimsy.com/)
- Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
- Linda Carlson (www.lindacarlsonquilts.com)
- Lori Mason (http://www.lorimasondesign.com/news/)
- Modern Quilt Studio (http://craftnectar.com/)
- Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft (http://modernhandcraft.com/)
- Northcott: Patti’s Patchwork (www.pattispatchwork.com)
- Shannon Fabrics: My Cuddle Corner (http://shannonfabrics.com/blog/index/)
- Tammy Silvers (http://www.tamarinis.typepad.com)
- Timeless Treasures: Sew Timeless (http://www.ttfabrics.com/blog/)
- Valori Wells (http://www.valoriwells.com/blog/)
- Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool (http://freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
- Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring (http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/)
Hugs with Cuddle,
Shannon Fabrics is proud to support the ALS community in fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Our CEO, Arvin Pairavi, accepted the Ice Bucket Challenge while also making a generous contribution to ALS. Arvin Challenges Ethan Tyler from Lyft and Debra R. and Mario U. from Shannon Fabrics. See the video here: ALS Challenge
We also support this community via the Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS at Quilter’s Dream Batting. The Hopes and Dreams challenge raises awareness of ALS-Lou Gehrig’s Disease, provides quilts to ALS patients, and raises funds for research for treatment and a cure. We recently donated two finished quilts made from our Cuddle Kits: Ziggy Crown and The Derby.
- Baby (15)
- Baby Blankets (46)
- Books (4)
- Challenges (19)
- Community & Giving Back (14)
- Contests & Giveaways (59)
- Crafts (16)
- Cuddle Craft Projects (86)
- Cuddle Fabric (93)
- Digital Cuddle (4)
- Cuddle Kits (49)
- Cuddle Suede (4)
- Cuddle Tips (50)
- Designers (14)
- DIY (15)
- Education (14)
- Embrace double gauze (32)
- Fabric (50)
- Fashion (16)
- Faux Fur (24)
- garments (13)
- Giveaways (18)
- handmade (10)
- Home Decor (20)
- Home Decor Patterns (13)
- International Quilt Market (2)
- International Quilt Market 2014 (1)
- International Quilt Market 2016 (1)
- International Quilt Market Fall 2013 (5)
- International Quilt Market Houston 2015 (1)
- International Quilt Market Spring 2017 (2)
- International Quilt Market Spring 2019 (4)
- Kozy Cuddle (5)
- Learn to Sew (8)
- Machine Embroidery (9)
- Machine Quilting (10)
- Manufacturers (1)
- minky fabric (4)
- Modern Quilt Guild (4)
- Modern Quilting (9)
- Patterns (54)
- Precuts (16)
- Press (1)
- Quilt (60)
- Quilt Along (3)
- quilt block (1)
- Quilt Market (10)
- Quilt Patterns (56)
- Quilting (25)
- Sew Cuddly Blog Hop (16)
- Sewing (146)
- Sewing Patterns (48)
- Sewing Projects (84)
- Shops (6)
- Shows (13)
- Terry cloth (7)
- Tutorials (153)
- Uncategorized (3)