Did you know that September is National Sewing Month? The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month! To help celebrate, we thought we’d share a bit about what’s happening for the month, as well as a few sewing sites and sources.
Here they are (in no particular order):
- National Sewing Month– Official home of National Sewing Month, co-sponsored by the Sewing & Craft Alliance and the American Sewing Guild.
- Sewing & Craft Alliance – Free sewing, quilting and craft projects, learn to sew articles and more.
- American Sewing Guild-“The American Sewing Guild is a national non-profit organization dedicated to people who believe sewing is a rewarding and creative activity.”
- Here’s a great article from Threads Magazine about National Sewing Month. Click here.
- Heather at The Sewing Loft is blogging about sewing tools, tips and projects all month long. Link here.
- Sew Mama Sew features tutorials, projects, sew-alongs, pattern reviews and more.
- Craftsy offers classes, patterns and inspiration.
- HowToSew offers sewing patterns and tips– especially for beginners.
- SewCanShe provides free daily sewing tutorials.
- Sew News Sewing Blog offers tutorials, projects and tips.
- Stitch Magazine features sewing patterns, projects and techniques.
I’m sure there are some that I am forgetting (I apologize in advance), so please share your own links about sewing sources and National Sewing Month below.